November 19, 2008
The Worst Has Yet To Come
Well my mom got out of surgery around one. She's doing great! She went to the recovery room, and my dad got to go see her first. Then I switched with him. She wasn't quite fully awake yet, but she was awake and talking to me. I had to repeat a few things though. She wasn't in any pain, yet. As they were about to move her they had to disconnect all of her drainage tubes. They pulled them off and she didn't even feel it. Her lip is swollen where her breathing tube was, but she was still talking. Right now we are waiting for her to be moved out of the recovery room so all of us can see her and not just me and my dad. My grandma and aunt went to pick up M&M before she got home. They will bring her up here so she can see her. Even though she is out of surgery, the worst has yet to come. I know she will be in a lot of pain these next few days. I can't wait until she comes home. Hopefully there will be no complications and she will be able to come home on time. I will keep you guys updated.
Posted by
Emily Wilbanks
at
2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Emily,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you were there with your mom today. I'm sure you're dad appreciated it as well. We are praying for your family and can't wait until she gets home! Call if you need anything!
Diane Norris