-1 Thessalonians 5:17
A sturdy bridge, prayer connects us to you, God, who is always first to celebrate our joys and first to weep at our troubles. It is in this sharing that love brings about its most miraculous ways and we are lifted about the trials and tribulations of life. Thank you, Lord.
"Prayer was never meant to be magic," Mother said. "Then why bother with it?" Suzy scowled. "Because it's an act of love," Mother said.
-Madeleine L'Engle, Glimpses of Grace
I have been praying to God every single day to give me strength to last through the day, patience to take time, and to just give me support to carry me through this difficult moment in my life. I was getting frustrated because I'm not any stronger, nor more patient, than I had been. I took some time to think about all of this. I realized that God doesn't just hand out strength and patience to anyone who asks him. God gives you the opportunity to be strong and be patient. He does this because, God helps those who help themselves.




No comments:
Post a Comment