December 3, 2008

Restless

Wow, time sure flies! I noticed that I had not updated the blog since the 25th. The post op visit with the surgeon went well. Two of the three drains were removed, much to Helen's delight. They were not comfortable - one of them was resting right on top of a rib and did not allow her to get comfortable. Only one drain remaining.

Helen's Aunt Mary surprised us with the donation of a complete Thanksgiving dinner delivered from Dickie's. It was very generous and quite tasty! We spent a relaxing Thanksgiving, but Helen is getting restless with the limited activity. She keeps trying to do things around the house, and I keep telling her not to, but she still does a few things.

We had a meeting with the plastic surgeon on Monday. We were hoping to get the final drain removed so we can return to "normal" activity. He asked Helen if she was being active, to which she answered "yes, a little bit". He said "I can tell". In other words, the drain was not ready to come out yet :( He told her that even though it is hard for her, she needs to "do nothing".

Following Dr. Heisteins advice, I have not allowed Helen to do anything at home for the past couple of days. She is getting restless again, but knows that we have to do this in order to get the drain to the point where it can be removed. It's looking good today - if it keeps progressing we will be able to have the drain removed Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I know that must be hard to do nothing all the time- I know I'd go crazy! Good to hear about the drainage tube may come out very soon!

    You guys are still in our prayers as Helen continues to recover and life slowly returns to normal for the Wilbanks household... just in time for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete